What is the McMaster Work Program?
The McMaster Work Program offers students, who demonstrate financial need, the opportunity for meaningful employment on campus.
What types of positions are available?
- Part-time positions in the fall/winter terms
- Full-time and part-time positions in the summer term
- Students may only accept one work program position at a time
- Check the Job Board under Career Opportunities on the Mosaic portal
How to Apply
Step-by-step instructions are available under ‘McMaster Aid’
- Apply for the Fall/Winter Work Program and the Summer Work Program separately
- Work Program approvals are sent to the student’s ‘To-Do List’ in Mosaic
- Approval for OSAP-eligible students normally takes less than 30 minutes!
When do I apply?
- The 2019 Summer Work Program application opens in Mosaic Friday, March 1
- Open application dates and deadlines can be found under ‘Important Dates’
- Applications or supporting documentation submitted after the deadline will not be considered
Ineligible for Work Programs
Students who are:
- Not returning in the following fall/winter term (e.g. graduating students)
- OSAP recipients not entitled to at least $1 of student loan OR non-OSAP students who do not demonstrate financial need on their online aid application need profile
- Non-OSAP students and not enrolled in one of the eligible student groups
- International students in their first year of studies are not eligible for the Fall/Winter Work Program
- Continuing education (CCE) students
- Not enrolled in a full-time course load (at least 9 units in fall or winter term)
- Graduate students are not eligible for the Summer Work Program
- Apply for work program positions once approved to participate
- Notify SFAS of any changes in financial status, income or enrolment
- Report all work program income to OSAP
- Remain enrolled in fall/winter terms to maintain work program eligibility
- Maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance
- Accept only one work program position at a time
- Adhere to all McMaster employment standards