What types of scholarships are available?
- Travel & Exchange Scholarships
- In-Course Scholarships
- Community Contribution Awards
- Academic Grants
What are the eligibility requirements for scholarships?
- The Undergraduate Calendar provides all terms and conditions for McMaster scholarships and Academic Grants
- Some scholarships require an application
- Many awards are based on grades and do not require an application
Where can graduate students find information about scholarships and awards?
- Awards for graduate students are offered through the School of Graduate Studies
- Students apply for awards by clicking ‘Apply for Financial Aid’ in the Mosaic Student Center
How to Apply
How do I apply for scholarships?
- Click on ‘Apply for Financial Aid’ in the Mosaic Student Center
- Complete the personal profile once per year
- Scholarships are located under the ‘Aid by Application’ tab
- Expand headings to view award applications and requirements
- Specific scholarships for McMaster Nursing, Mohawk-McMaster / Conestoga-McMaster Nursing students are available on the School of Nursing website. Please review all criteria as some scholarships are site-specific
- McMaster Nursing students may be eligible for university-wide awards
- Apply via Mosaic. Expand the headings under ‘Aid by Application’ to view applications and requirements
When do I apply?
- Open application dates and deadlines are available under ‘Important Dates’
- Students will be able to view scholarships and their requirements before the applications opens on Jan. 1
How do I check my application status?
- Click on ‘View Financial Aid Applications’ in the Mosaic Student Center
- Click on ‘View Financial Aid Awards’ to view bursaries and scholarships granted each year
How do I receive my scholarship funding?
- Scholarship payments are deposited to McMaster student accounts
- Refund cheques or direct deposit payments are issued if McMaster fees are paid in full or the value of the scholarship exceeds the balance of the fees owing
- Recipients confirmed and payment dates are posted under ‘Important Dates’
How do I write a thank you letter?
- Learn to write a thank you letter to express your gratitude to McMaster donors
More information about scholarships at McMaster is available on Storify!
- Emphasizes experiential learning to create transformative opportunities for students
- Opportunity for a 4- to 12-month self-directed enrichment experience outside of the chosen program of study
- Find out more about the student experience of the Renaissance Award winner!
- Value: to a maximum of $25,000
- Apply via Mosaic
- More about the Renaissance Award
- Eleven Rhodes Scholarships are granted to Canadians each year (two in Ontario)
- Opportunity to study at the University of Oxford for 2-3 years
- Value: at least $50,000/year (tuition, fees, living)
- Application for Endorsement via Mosaic
- External Scholarship
- Opportunity to live and study in the U.S.A. for a nine-month academic year
- Value: $10,000 U.S.
- Killam Website