Do you need help applying for financial aid? Whether you’re looking to apply for OSAP or a McMaster financial aid program like bursaries or the work program, we’re here to help! We are pleased to offer peer-support sessions, which provide an opportunity to sit down with our student ambassador who can answer questions about applying for financial aid.
No appointment is required as these sessions are on a drop-in basis.
When and where
Every Tuesday, starting Aug. 14
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC), Room 213
(also known as the MacLachlan Room; second floor)
Who can come?
Open to all current and incoming students.
What to bring
- Laptop or tablet
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- OSAP Access Number (OAN) and OSAP password (if you’ve created one!)
- McMaster Student ID number
- As much of the following information as possible:
- Your program at McMaster (program name, course load, etc.)
- Your 2017 tax information
- Your parents’ or spouse’s SIN and tax information (if applicable)
- Date you last attended high school full-time (or date you will finish high school)
- Estimated cost of a return trip from McMaster to your home
- Proof of government benefits (e.g. ODSP, CPP)
- Estimated income during your study period
- Income from scholarships and/or bursaries
- Value of assets (including parents’ or spouse’s)
- Child care costs (if applicable)
- Date filed for bankruptcy (if applicable)
- Value of parents’ or spouse’s foreign and non-taxable income