McMaster’s Virtual Dropbox “MacDrive” is a customized McMaster solution, similar to DropBox. It allows students to securely submit applications and supporting documentation for review and assessment. SFAS is currently using MacDrive to administer documentation for the Need Profile, MAPS Bursary and Travel Scholarships.
How to Upload Documents to MacDrive
- Sort your application and/or supporting documentation in the order requested on the aid/award cover page.
- Sign your aid/award cover page.
- Combine all your documents as one PDF.
How to Combine PDFs:
Apple Guide: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202945
Windows Computers use Adobe Acrobat Pro (https://acrobat.adobe.com/ca/en/acrobat/how-to/merge-combine-pdf-files-online.html)
Software that is capable of combining PDFs
Alternatively, you can scan all of the documents together to create one PDF. Files uploaded individually will be deleted.
If you are unable to use any of these methods, email email@example.com for assistance.
Save the PDF. Name the file as per the instructions on the aid/award cover page.
Need Profiles: NeedProfile_surname_studentID.pdf (e.g. NeedProfile_Smith_0041234567.pdf)
MAPS Applications: MAPS_surname_studentID.pdf (e.g. MAPS_Smith_0041234567.pdf)
Scholarship Applications: AwardID_studentID.pdf (e.g. SFASTR0001_0041234567.pdf)
Academic Grants: AwardID_studentID.pdf (e.g. SFASTR0001_0041234567.pdf)
- Access the web address provided in the header of your aid/award cover page.
Please note there are different web addresses depending on the type of documentation you are submitting.
- Select ‘Add Files’, and then browse for your PDF.
- Select the file and click OK. Successful upload have an ‘uploaded’ notification displayed on screen. Once uploaded, files can only be viewed by SFAS.
- Add “_updated” to the end of your file name when re-uploading a file with changes or corrections.
- Monitor the status of your aid applications by clicking on ‘View Financial Aid Applications’ in the Mosaic Student Center.