Do I apply for funding through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or my provincial student aid program?
- Apply for OSAP if you have lived in Ontario for at least 12 months prior to starting post-secondary studies and meet all other eligibility criteria
- Denied by your province? Please visit SFAS for drop-in counselling
Who is eligible?
- Your province will determine all eligibility criteria and assess your entitlement
How is my provincial aid application processed?
- Students complete an application online via their province’s student aid website
- Some provinces require information from the institution to process the application
- Please allow 3 business days for student aid forms to be completed by SFAS. SFAS will let you know when to pick up the completed form via the Mosaic To-Do List.
- McMaster uses the online portal to confirm enrolment for the following student aid programs:
- British Columbia (including the Appendix 3)
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- National Student Loans Service Centre – all Canada Student Loans
How to Apply
Apply for provincial student aid online via the following links:
U.S. Direct Loans
- McMaster University does not administer any federal or state loan/grant programs
- Sallie Mae Student Loans are an option for U.S. students seeking financial aid
Deferment Request Forms
- To confirm full-time status to a previous lender, complete the In-School Deferment Request Form (PDF) and email to Visanou Saythavy for authorization
- The McMaster OPE ID is 00685300
- The McMaster Federal Title IV School Code is G06853
U.S. Federal Educational Savings Plan (529)
- Contact the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid (FSA) Program
- Foreign contact line: 1-800-433-7327
- State McMaster’s status as an eligible institution that does not administer federal loans
- Eligibility for 529 savings plan differs by state