What is a bursary?
- A non-repayable grant for students who demonstrate financial need
- To be used to assist with education-related expenses
- Funded by the University and generous donors
I was offered a bursary (General or Student Access) as part of my 2018/19 offer of admission. What are my next steps?
- Complete your OSAP application by applying online and uploading all required documents via the OSAP website by June 30th
- Enroll in the course load indicated on your OSAP application (i.e. Humanities: 15 units/term = 100% course load)
- Starting in August, apply for the McMaster General Bursary Program in the Mosaic Student Center
- Complete your OSAP Income Update at the beginning of the Fall term
- Maintain all bursary eligibility requirements throughout the academic year
- Bursary funds are deposited to your McMaster student account in February
What are the bursary eligibility requirements?
- Be enrolled at McMaster
- International students enrolled in Level II or higher
- Continue to demonstrate financial need throughout the study period
- Submit a completed application by the deadline
- OSAP students must submit a completed income update by the published deadline
How to Apply
- The online application is available in the Mosaic Student Center by clicking on “Apply for Financial Aid” in the “Finances” tab
- The application is available starting in mid-August
- Step-by-step instructions are available under McMaster Aid
When do I apply?
- Open application dates and deadlines are available under Important Dates
How do I check my application status?
- Click on ‘View Financial Aid Applications’ in the Mosaic Student Center
- Click on ‘View Financial Aid Awards’ to view bursaries and scholarships granted each year
How do I receive my bursary funding?
- Bursary payments are deposited to McMaster student accounts in mid-February
- Only students who have enrolled in direct deposit will receive a refund for a credit on their McMaster student account due to bursary funding. Learn more about enrolling in direct deposit through Mosaic