McMaster University encourages award recipients to take the time to express appreciation to your award donor(s), by writing a personal thank you letter. Your letter is important – the individuals and organizations who fund student awards truly appreciate hearing from student recipients about your accomplishments, your goals, and your plans for the future.
By submitting your thank you letter you are authorizing your student information, your photo, as well as any quotes taken from your thank you letter to be used in future stewardship materials and university communications such as McMaster newsletters. You are acknowledging that your letter may be edited before delivery to a donor, and you are releasing McMaster from any responsibility regarding how a donor may choose to use or publish your letter. If you choose to include your address, phone number and/or e-mail address you should be aware that the University will have no control over the donor’s use of this information.
The following template should be used to structure your thank you letter:
Save the PDF to your computer, and then edit it using your preferred PDF editor (Adobe, Preview, etc).
Please note that inserting a photo into your letter is optional. If you do not want to include a photo, leave the photo box on the upper right blank.
Upload your letter:
McMaster’s Virtual Dropbox “MacDrive” is a customized McMaster solution, similar to DropBox. It allows you to easily and securely submit your donor thank you letter.
How to Upload Documents to MacDrive
- Write your thank you letter using the downloadable template above.
- Save your PDF as FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_AWARDNAME.pdf.
- Submit the document to MacDrive.
- Select ‘Add Files’, and then browse for your thank you letter document.
- Select the file and click OK. A successful upload has an ‘uploaded’ notification and green check mark displayed on screen.
- Please do not upload photos of your letter.
- Only upload the document once.
- Need confirmation the upload was successful? Email email@example.com