Out-of-Province Student Aid FAQs

What if I drop courses or withdraw from studies? 

Students must report any change in course load to Student Financial Aid & Scholarships, Gilmour Hall, Room 120 by completing the SFAS Change Request Form (PDF).  

Where do I pick-up a grant cheque? 

Some provinces send student grant cheques to Student Financial Aid & Scholarships. SFAS will send a message to the Mosaic To-Do List to inform the student to pick up the cheque. Cheques must be picked up before the end of the study period. Two pieces of government photo ID are required.

Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my assessment? 

Each province administers their own student aid program. If you have questions about your assessment please contact your provincial student aid program. Contact information is available via the respective websites.

How do I maintain interest-free status on previous student loans?

Check out the Interest-Free Status page for more information about submitting a Schedule 2 via the National Student Loans Service Centre website. Some provinces have their own forms that require completion to maintain interest-free status.


What’s New!


Course load calculator: Not sure about your course load percentage for OSAP? Check out our new guide on how to calculate it! Course load guide (non-Engineering). Engineering course load guide.

Scholarship applications are OPEN: Don’t miss out on this easy money! There are awards for all faculties and programs, all undergrad years and both academic AND community work. Apply in Mosaic by clicking the “Apply for Aid and Awards” tile. Find scholarships under the “Aid By Application” tab. More info on scholarships.  


Quick Links

Apply for OSAP

Register with NSLSC

Apply for McMaster AID



Important Dates

Contact Us

Mac’s Money Centre