What is OSAP for Part-Time Students?
- Government loan and grant program for part-time students (20-59% course load)
- Assists with educational expenses (tuition, fees, books)
- Some transportation and child care expenses may be considered
Who is eligible for OSAP for Part-Time Students?
Visit the Part-Time Canada Student Loan (PTCSL) section of the OSAP site for eligibility requirements.
How do I apply?
Explore ‘Apply for OSAP’ for more information.
What is the deadline?
Check ‘Important Dates’ for deadlines.
How do I check my application status?
- Visit the OSAP website to check the Message Centre and application status.
- Check your McMaster email for communications from SFAS.
What do I need to pick-up my OSAP for Part-Time Students funding certificate?
Accepted Valid Government Photo ID
The following identification is required to pick-up your OSAP funding certificate:
- Social Insurance Card or Proof of SIN
- Letter from Service Canada
- Federal government document displaying name and SIN
- The Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada is no longer accepted at SFAS or Canada Post
- Valid government photo id such as a driver’s licence
- Student ID card
Students must pick-up their funding certificate prior to the end of the study period.
Ineligible for PT OSAP:
- Course load over 59% in a term
- Continuing education courses
- Blended learning part-time MBA
- Students with a transitional, continuing or non-degree status
- Students on co-op term(s) taking part-time courses
- Master, Rehabilitation Science (online)
You need to do the following:
- Enroll and pay tuition fees upfront
- Undergraduate students apply term-by-term
- Graduate students apply by academic year
- Bring accepted, valid government photo ID to SFAS
- Check your PT-OSAP status and Mosaic To Do List regularly
- Submit proof of previous year income and all other documents to SFAS
- Pick up your funding in-person by the last day of the study period
- Tell SFAS about status, course load, and income changes right away
- Successfully complete all funded courses